Picking the right type of flooring for your home can be a big decision to make. The floor that you choose needs to have a proper balance between the function, maintenance needs, your budget, and the aesthetic appeal that it will give. Here is a guide about the different things that you should consider when selecting home flooring solutions.
The Function Of The Flooring
This is one of the essential factors to consider before you decide on a particular type of flooring in Dubai, precisely, the function of the room. Everything from the amount of circulation, the pattern to the usage of the floor should be considered. Here are a few types of wooden floorings with their suitable functions.
- Vinyl: It is easy to clean and highly water-resistant. It can be an ideal option for kitchens, laundry rooms, or mud rooms.
- Tile: Tiles are more durable, water-resistant, and easy to clean, but are a bit expensive than vinyl floorings. They are also available in a wide range of textures and can be used anywhere in the house.
- Carpet: Carpets can be one of the luxurious flooring options. It is made of fibers and exquisite designs that provide the utmost comfort.
- Granite: Granites are similar to marble and are easy to clean.
- Marble: Marbles can stay forever, even the oldest ones can be cleaned to get a sparkling shine. These are long-term options.
- Composite: Composite wooden flooring in Dubai is durable and can be polished over the years. But one should take care that it is not constantly exposed to moisture.
Maintenance is another important factor that one should keep in mind when installing any type of flooring in Dubai. Given below are some of the ways to maintain the above-mentioned types of floorings.
- Vinyl: Vinyl floorings can be easily cleaned by mopping with soapy water or just water. But it can get damaged by serious spills like chemicals.
- Tiles: Tiled floorings are easiest to clean, but have to be replaced every 5-10 years.
- Carpet: Carpets can get stained very easily and are harder to clean. They are not very durable and the spills should be cleaned immediately, that too with a professional cleaner. The surface should be cleaned regularly.
- Granite and marble: Both of these materials are easy to maintain and can last for a lifetime. Cleaning them is very easy without using any harsh cleaning liquids. You can also polish them to give a new look.
- Composite wood: Composite wooden flooring in Dubai needs to be taken care of when it comes to damage from spills. The spills need to be cleaned up immediately to prevent any damage to the material.
On a final note, we would like to end this with some tips on the budget. It is recommended that you go for home flooring solutions that comfortably suit your budget. The above information will help you to make informed decisions.